Careers with 5AM
Make a Difference
Do you want to help fight cancer and other rare diseases? We make software engineering breakthroughs that create healthcare breakthroughs. We do it by using software in ways it hasn’t been used before in the healthcare and life sciences communities: websites and web applications that connect researchers with specimens and data worldwide or local mobile apps that foster real-time collaboration or networked solutions for patient information.
Who are we searching for?
5AM is a fast-paced environment dedicated to getting there earlier! Are you passionate about healthcare and life sciences? Do you want to work with data sets that grow at an exponential rate? 5AM works on these and other hard problems every day and we make a difference in real lives. We are inspired individuals who are driven to work smart, embrace change, focus on our customers, and be a team.
We deliver faster results with fewer risks and better outcomes, from projects involving biospecimens and healthcare IT, to research and clinical trials, our solutions are saving clients money, getting them results earlier and clearing obstacles to a new era of medicine.
To apply to one of our open positions, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. 5AM Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What will the Chief Scrum Master do?
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guide the team on how to get the most of self-organization
- Guide the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Ask questions to identify issues and helping to size work by using comparisons
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Manage the backlog and plan out future sprints based on minimizing dependencies and capitalizing on team strengths.
- Make sure the teams have enough work to be efficient
- Estimate effort for future work and manage schedule for remaining sprint work
- Ensure test requirements are identified and satisfied prior to testing
- Provide detail status for Customer status meetings
What qualifications will this person have?
- Certified Scrum Master Certification
- PMP Certification
- LeSS or SAFe experience
- Analytical thinking - the ability to understand overall vision, as well as minute details
- Organization - the ability to prioritize work
- Leadership - the ability to inspire team members to execute the plan and successfully complete the project
- Communication - the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and regularly
- Interpersonal - the ability to develop a relationship with each team member in order to know “what motivates them, how they think things are going, what concerns they have, and how they feel about things”
- Problem-Solving - the ability to anticipate problems, recognize them when they arise, and solve them as efficiently and practically as possible.
- Keeps the “big picture” in mind
- Time Management - the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Delegate- the ability to delegate work to team members when appropriate.
- Excellent prioritization skills
Our software engineers are creative thinkers, people who roll up their sleeves, and collaborate to nurture the work from vision to reality. We work in a fast paced Agile environment and are looking for the best and brightest engineers who have a passion for building quality software right for the first time.
You will: * Deliver web and mobile applications using software disciplines from design through coding to deployment * Work within a team-oriented Agile development process * Collaborate with our customers, project managers, other software engineers
You are a: * Problem solver - the ability to anticipate problems, recognize them when they arise, and solve them as quickly, efficiently, and practically as possible. * Analytical thinker - the ability to understand overall vision, as well as minute details * Craftsman - care about the quality of software you develop and strive for better (when works isn’t good enough) * Communicator - the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and regularly, and share knowledge gained with others. Have the ability to provide assistance to others and provide helpful feedback during code reviews. * Collaborator - provide an array of skills that helps the team function in unison as one entity * Computer Science or related degree and 5 years software engineering experience or equivalent.
The tech: * Angular JS * JPA/Hibernate * Spring-boot * Spring Data * Spring Core * Spring MVC * REST * Docker